Kyden Creekpaum advises clients in a variety of matters, including transactions and general litigation. Kyden joined FD Law in 2017 after practicing for eight years at a large international law firm, in that firm's offices in Washington DC and Paris, France. He has extensive experience conducting internal investigations and providing advice with respect to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), UK Bribery Act, and third-party due diligence.
Kyden has conducted in-depth reviews in the oil and gas, banking, and aerospace industries, and has conducted due diligence on third parties on six continents in contexts ranging from government investigations and monitorships to M&A activity and whistleblower allegations. He has written policies and developed and presented training programs for in-house personnel. Kyden has twice been seconded to work with senior executives at large international companies, first to a pan-African bank headquartered in Dubai, and later to a global aerospace and defense company in France.
Recent Select Experience
- Current representation of an internal investigation regarding potential violations of relevant international anti-corruption laws in Argentina for a liquid natural gas company.
- Current representation of a publicly-traded company in an alleged SOX whistleblower retaliation claim brought by former company executive.
- Conducted pre-acquisition anti-corruption due diligence for a manufacturer of components used in the oil and gas industry.
- Represented oil and gas holding company in a post-bankruptcy dispute regarding overriding royalty interests in wells across the United States.
- Represented publicly traded company seeking to enforce non-compete and non-solicitation clauses in contracts with former employees.
- Represented a private equity company regarding funding arrangements related to intellectual property rights.
Select Prior Experience
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Presentation, "FCPA and International Practice: Perspectives from an American in Paris," Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA) and the University of Missouri, Kansas City (UMKC) School of Law Continuing Legal Education Department, Paris, August 2014
- "Introduction to the FCPA," International Law & Institutions Course, American University, Washington, DC, taught in Paris March 2013 and November 2012
- Panelist, "NYU/Tufts University 2012 Post-Presidential Election Roundtable," New York University, Paris campus, November 2012
- Speaker, "ESCP-Europe 2012 US Presidential Election Debate," Paris, October 2012
- "Introduction to the FCPA," Global Trafficking Course, The University of Oklahoma, campus in Arezzo, Italy, February 2012
- "What's Wrong with a Little More Double Jeopardy?," American Criminal Law Review, 44 Am. Crim. L. Rev. 1179 (2008).
- Editor, co-author, "Health Care Fraud," 2008 Annual Survey of White Collar Crime, American Criminal Law Review
- Adjunct professor of law, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne Law School, Paris, 2014 - 2015
- Mock trial judge, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne Law School, Paris, Spring 2014
- Leadership Tulsa Class 59
- Board of Directors, Chamber Music Tulsa, 2018 -
- Board of Directors, Tulsa Global Alliance, 2017 -
- Former President of the Board of directors, Sinfonietta Paris Chamber Orchestra, Paris, 2012 - 2013
Health Care Law
Oil and Gas Law
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2009;
SciencesPo and Université de Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master Droit Économique, 2008;
Johns Hopkins University, M.P.H. 2006;
University of Oklahoma, B. Music (Piano Performance) and B.A. (Political Science), 2004, summa cum laude.
Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia, 2010